Maple Glazed Coffee Cake
Here my favorite recipes for the perfect Fall Coffee Cake! Grab a cup of coffee and sit on the deck and enjoy a slice.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 block cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups Cake Flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sald
- 4 T. butter (cold, cut into pieces)
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T + 1 tsp. Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tub pan.
- Cream Butter and Cream Cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add sugar and mix until light. Add eggs one at a time, just until blended. Add vanilla and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the batter until just combined.
- For the Streusel, place the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and butter in a bowl and use a fork or pastry cutter until blended into crumbly mixture. Add the pecans and incorporate into the streusel.
- Spoon one half of the batter into the prepared tube pan. Sprinkle half the streusel topping on top. Spoon remaining batter into the pan and then top with the remaining streusel topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.